Ultimate Arctic Adventure & Tromso
10 Days / 9 Nights
Experience this unique journey to Lapland and be amazed by a blend of first-class travel, with the most fascinating and invigorating winter activities in the region. A 3-hour guided tour will take you around the city of Tromso, Norway before you go looking for the northern lights and visit with 300 huskies. The award-winning Alta museum is also on the list of memorable visits. In Kirkenes choose to try one of the delicacies of the north on a king crab safari. You will stay in Saariselka with its dazzling white landscape as well as in Rovaniemi and Sinetta, with one night in the extraordinary arctic glass igloos. Weather permitting, you will see the breath-taking northern lights from your bed. Experience Santa Claus village and visit the home of Santa Claus in Rovaniemi. The highlight of this winter adventure is the ‘Sampo’ icebreaker safari where you have a chance to take a swim in the fresh arctic waters of Kemi.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
10 Days / 9 Nights.
GUARANTEED DEPARTURES 2020/2021
|JANUARY||14, 21, 28|
|FEBUARY||04, 11, 18, 25|
|MARCH||04, 11, 18|
EXPERIENCE THIS UNIQUE JOURNEY TO LAPLAND AND BE AMAZED BY A BLEND OF FIRST-CLASS TRAVEL, WITH THE MOST FASCINATING AND INVIGORATING WINTER ACTIVITIES IN THE REGION. A 3-HOUR GUIDED TOUR WILL TAKE YOU AROUND THE CITY OF TROMSO BEFORE YOU GO LOOKING FOR THE NORTHERN LIGHTS AND VISIT WITH 300 HUSKIES. THE AWARD-WINNING ALTA MUSEUM IS ALSO ON THE LIST OF MEMORABLE VISITS. IN KIRKENES CHOOSE TO TRY ONE OF THE DELICACIES OF THE NORTH ON A KING CRAB SAFARI. YOU WILL STAY IN SAARISELKA WITH ITS DAZZLING WHITE LANDSCAPE AS WELL AS IN ROVANIEMI AND SINETTA, WITH ONE NIGHT IN THE EXTRAORDINARY ARCTIC GLASS IGLOOS. WEATHER PERMITTING, YOU WILL SEE THE BREATH-TAKING NORTHERN LIGHTS FROM YOUR BED. EXPERIENCE SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE AND VISIT THE HOME OF SANTA CLAUS IN ROVANIEMI. THE HIGHLIGHT OF THIS WINTER ADVENTURE IS THE ‘SAMPO’ ICEBREAKER SAFARI WHERE YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO TAKE A SWIM IN THE FRESH ARCTIC WATERS OF KEMI.
- Winter activities
- Aurora Husky visit with traditional dinner
- Visit to the award-winning Alta Museum & the Northern Lights Cathedral in Alta
- King Crab Safari
- Reindeer farm visit with sleigh ride
- 1 night in a Glass Igloo
- Dinner in traditional Kota
- Husky Farm & Safari
- Rovaniemi and Santa Claus Village
- Kemi Snow Castle visit (no guarantee)
- Sampo Icebreaker cruise & ice swimming (not included in the December departure)
* December 10th departure will visit the Ranua Wildlife Park Instead of Sampo Icebreaker cruise
- 9 nights in First Class hotels in standard double/twin rooms with private facilities
- 9 breakfasts, buffet style
- 2 dinners, 5 lunches & 1 picnic as mentioned in the program
- (all lunches & dinners are 3-course meals or buffets including coffee, unless otherwise specified)
- Bi-lingual Tour Escort (English & Spanish or Portuguese) from Day 2 to Day 10 inclusive
- 3-hours guided city tour of Tromso
- Arrival transfer in Tromso by public service Flybussen
- Regular departure transfer to Rovaniemi Airport
- The long-distance coach from day 2-9 offers WIFI
- All tours and transportation, as mentioned in the program
- Visits, excursions and entrances as mentioned in the program
- Outdoor clothing for winter activities/safaris as mentioned in the program. For further information please consult the general conditions
- Luggage allowance is 1 suitcase & 1 piece of hand luggage per person
Please note! Arrival transfer in Tromso is by a regular (public) airport bus service Flybussen. Departure Regular Transfer Service included in the program is only available for transfers to Rovaniemi Airport and only on the published official date of end of the tour. The transfers are escorted by an English-speaking representative from Via Hansa & Borealis and is shared with other fellow passengers; therefore, minor waiting time at the airport may occur. This transfer service is not valid for passengers with pre/post nights or passengers who require private transfers – for a supplement, private transfers can be reserved.
- Beverages or any extras
- Porter Service
- Any services not mentioned in the program
All rates are retail sales rates and given per person in Euro. The rates include all service taxes and reservation charges as well as the VAT percentage known on day of issuing the program of each country included in the respective programs. We reserve the right to amend the rates in case of governmental interference beyond our control.
We kindly ask you to send your reservations by e-mail to Guaranteed.Departures.Cph@viahansaborealis.com stating the tour code.
The following information is needed to confirm the reservations:
- Booking code, type of room, full name, sex, date of birth, nationality, passport number and expiry date.
- Confirmation is subject to availability and therefore to confirmation. Our confirmation will be returned within 48 hours during weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- We should be glad to sign you up for a free sales agreement, information and requirement thereto to be forwarded separately.
The rates are based on full pre-payment prior to departure. Invoices will be forwarded in due time prior to the traveler’s arrival to destination.
- Reservations made more than 45 days prior to the beginning of the tour, may be cancelled within 10 working days (weekdays) from date of booking without cancellation charges.
- Reservations made between 45 days and 36 days prior to the beginning of the tour, may by cancelled within 5 working days (weekdays) without penalties.
- Reservations made between 35 and 21 days prior to the beginning of the tour, may be cancelled within 3 working days (weekdays) without cancellation charges.
- Penalty will be imposed for cancellation of reservations made less than 20 days prior to the beginning of the tour, no matter the time of cancellation as follows.
After confirmation the reservation cannot be cancelled or changed without penalty. All cancellations will be charged with a minimum cancelation fee of EUR 75.00 per person.
The following cancellation charges apply:
- Cancellations until 91 days prior to the arrival of the passenger are subject to a fee of EUR 75.00 per person for tours excluding overnight in Glass Igloos, and EUR 275,00 per person for tours including overnight in Glass Igloos.
- Cancellations between 90 – 45 days prior to the arrival of the passenger are subject to a charge, per person, of 50 % of the total cost of the reservation.
- Cancellations between 44 – 15 days prior to the arrival of the passenger are subject to a charge, per person, of 75% of the total cost of the reservation.
- Cancellations made within less than 14 days of arrival of the passenger are subject to a charge, per person, of 100% of the total cost of the reservation.
Name changes are considered as cancellation and rebooking and can only be done up to 21 days prior to arrival. Name changes will be charged with a fee of EUR 75.00 per name change.
It is the traveler’s own responsibility to hold and present valid documents (passport & visa) to the immigration authority of each country. Borealis Destination Management is pleased to provide a visa support letter as basis for the travelers’ application to the Embassy of his or her home country should a visa be required for the travelers in question. In order for us to supply such a support letter we must receive the following information: full name, sex, date of birth, nationality, passport number and expiry date.
Borealis Destination Management shall not be liable for any delay or failure in its performance of any of the services when such delay or failure arises beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of terrorism, civil insurrection, revolution, blockade, labor disputes and strikes, material shortages, supplier failure, embargoes, rationing, acts of local, state or national governments or public agencies, utility or communication failures or delays, fire, acts of war, floods, epidemics, and riots.
We reserve the right to amend the itinerary and/or included entrances without notice due to weather conditions or interference of local authorities, which is out of the control of Borealis Destination Management and its suppliers. The weather in Norway, especially on fjords area, can be unpredictable during the season and road closures are sometimes enforced by local authorities, therefore some of the activities on this tour are subject to change or cancelation without notice. Should the itinerary be amended due to unforeseen circumstances then we will endeavour to find suitable alternative activities.
Hotels confirmed for the respective dates are as per the program, there however might be a variation on some of the tours due to a difficult booking situation or similar. Should the actual hotel vary from the program, the tour operator will always be notified in advance and prior to the arrival of the passenger.
The Hospitality in Scandinavia is not officially classified by the international star system. The classification of the hotels described in our programs are as for the official classification, when existing, or with the number of stars based on the professional evaluation of Borealis Destination Management .
The classification/evaluation used in our programs are based on the date of print of the program and could vary from the date of print to the date of the start of the actual tour.
Borealis Destination Management cannot be held responsible if the equipment or facilities provided by its suppliers does not ideally suit or fit to the needs of young children. Due to the nature of the tours and the destination, we are unfortunately not able to accept children younger than 7 years old on these programs. Children between 07-12 years, when sharing room with adults, receive a reduction.
It is important to note that in all our winter programs can be physically demanding and the passenger may be exposed to different kinds of physical strain. Uneven grounds during walking tours, snow and ice are common surface in our destinations. All activities involving sailing, snowmobiling, reindeer sleighs, husky sleighs, igloo dinners & ice breaker will include appropriate thermal equipment.