Arctic New Year In Lapland
7 Days / 6 Nights
Experience this unique journey to lapland and be amazed by a blend of first-class travel and the most fascinating and invigorating winter activities in the region. You will stay in saariselka with its dazzling with landscape as well as in rovaniemi. You will be treated to a night in a glass igloo, and weather permitting, you will see the magnificent northern lights from your bed. Santa claus will be expecting you at santa claus village. You will also experience a visit at the sami reindeer farm and sleigh ride, as well as a husky safari. The highlight of this winter adventure is the ‘sampo’ icebreaker safari, where you have a chance to take a swim in the fresh arctic waters of kemi.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
7 Days / 6 Nights.
GUARATEED DEPARTURES 2022
EXPERIENCE THIS UNIQUE JOURNEY TO LAPLAND AND BE AMAZED BY A BLEND OF FIRST-CLASS TRAVEL AND THE MOST FASCINATING AND INVIGORATING WINTER ACTIVITIES IN THE REGION. YOU WILL STAY IN SAARISELKA WITH ITS DAZZLING WITH LANDSCAPE AS WELL AS IN ROVANIEMI. YOU WILL BE TREATED TO A NIGHT IN A GLASS IGLOO, AND WEATHER PERMITTING, YOU WILL SEE THE MAGNIFICENT NORTHERN LIGHTS FROM YOUR BED. SANTA CLAUS WILL BE EXPECTING YOU AT SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE. YOU WILL ALSO EXPERIENCE A VISIT AT THE SAMI REINDEER FARM AND SLEIGH RIDE, AS WELL AS A HUSKY SAFARI. THE HIGHLIGHT OF THIS WINTER ADVENTURE IS THE ‘SAMPO’ ICEBREAKER SAFARI, WHERE YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO TAKE A SWIM IN THE FRESH ARCTIC WATERS OF KEMI.
- Winter activities
- 1 night in a Glass Igloo
- Reindeer farm visit with sleigh ride
- Rovaniemi and Santa Claus Village
- Husky Farm & Safari
- A visit from Santa Claus at Santa Claus Hotel
- New Year gala dinner
- Sampo Icebreaker cruise & ice swimming
- 6 nights in First Class hotels in standard double/twin rooms with private facilities
- 6 breakfasts, buffet style
- 2 dinners, 2 lunches as mentioned in the program (all lunches & dinners are 3-course meals or buffets including coffee, unless otherwise specified)
- Bi-lingual Tour Escort (English & Spanish or Portuguese) from Day 2 to Day 7 inclusive
- Regular departure transfer to Rovaniemi Airport
- The long-distance coach from day 2-6 offers WIFI
- All tours and transportation, as mentioned in the program
- Visits, excursions and entrances as mentioned in the program
- Outdoor clothing for winter activities/safaris as mentioned in the program. For further information please consult the general conditions
- Luggage allowance is 1 suitcase & 1 piece of hand luggage per person
Please note! Regular Transfer Services included in the program are only available for transfers from Ivalo Airport & to Rovaniemi Airport and only on the published official date of end of the tour. The transfers are escorted by an English-speaking driver and is shared with other fellow passengers; therefore, minor waiting time may occur. This transfer service is not valid for passengers with pre/post nights or passengers who require private transfers – for a supplement, private transfers can be reserved.
- Beverages or any extras
- Porter Service
- Any services not mentioned in the program
All rates are retail sales rates and given per person in Euro. The rates include all service taxes and reservation charges as well as the VAT percentage known on day of issuing the program of each country included in the respective programs. We reserve the right to amend the rates in case of governmental interference beyond our control.
We kindly ask you to send your reservations by e-mail to Guaranteed.Departures.Cph@viahansaborealis.com
The following information is needed to confirm the reservations:
Name & date of the tour, type of room, full name, sex, date of birth, nationality, passport number date of issue and expiry date. A valid mobile telephone number of the guests is required for emergencies during the trip. Confirmation is subject to availability and final confirmation. Our confirmation will be returned within 48 hours during weekdays (Mon-Fri). We should be glad to sign you up for a free sales agreement, information, and requirement thereto to be forwarded separately.
A non- refundable deposit equal to 20 % of the total value of the trip will be due 95 days prior to arrival. Full payment is due 45 days prior arrival to destination. Christmas & New Years programs are subject to a non-refundable deposit equal to 20 % of the value of the latest by August 1st, 2021. Invoices will be forwarded in due time prior to the traveler’s arrival to destination.
* Reservations made more than 45 days prior to the beginning of the tour, may be cancelled within 10 working days (weekdays) from date of booking without cancellation charges.* Reservations made between 45 days and 36 days prior to the beginning of the tour, may by cancelled within 5 working days (weekdays) without penalties.* Reservations made between 35 and 21 days prior to the beginning of the tour, may be cancelled within 3 working days (weekdays) without cancellation charges.* Penalty will be imposed for cancellation of reservations made less than 20 days prior to the beginning of the tour, no matter the time of cancellation as follows.
* Cancellations between 95 – 45 days prior to the arrival of the passenger are subject to a charge, per person, of 20 % of the total cost of the reservation.
* Cancellations between 44 – 36 days prior to the arrival of the passenger are subject to a charge, per person, of 50% of the total cost of the reservation.
* Cancellations between 35 – 15 days prior to the arrival of the passenger are subject to a charge, per person, of 75% of the total cost of the reservation.
* Cancellations made within less than 14 days of arrival of the passenger are subject to a charge, per person, of 100% of the total cost of the reservation.
* Late cancellations produced due to closed borders of the destination in question, due to Covid-19 will be exempt, except for services such as special accommodation, flights, special activities, safaris, or any special services where non-refundable deposits have been paid. Refunds for the remaining value to be refunded as a transferable credit. A voucher on the credit amount will be issued and valid to be used on any of our destinations within 12 months of the date of issue of the voucher.
* Name changes are considered as cancellation and rebooking and can only be done up to 35 days prior to arrival. Name changes will be charged with a fee of EUR 100.00 per name change.
It is the traveler’s own responsibility to hold and present valid documents (passport & visa, Corona passport, negative Covid-19 test. to the immigration authority of each country. Via Hansa & Borealis Ltd. is pleased to provide a visa support letter as basis for the travelers’ application to the Embassy of his or her home country should a visa be required for the travelers in question. In order for us to supply such a support letter we must receive the following information: full name, sex, date of birth, nationality, passport number date of issue & and expiry date.
Via Hansa & Borealis Ltd. shall not be liable for any delay or failure in its performance of any of the services when such delay or failure arises beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of terrorism, civil insurrection, revolution, blockade, labor disputes, strikes, material shortages, supplier failure, embargoes, rationing, acts of local, state or national governments or public agencies, utility or communication failures or delays, fire, acts of war, floods, epidemics, pandemics, and riots.
We reserve the right to amend the itinerary and/or included services without notice due to weather conditions or interference of local authorities, which is out of the control of Via Hansa & Borealis Ltd., and its suppliers. The weather in Norway, especially on fjord area, can be unpredictable during the season and road closures may be enforced by local authorities. Some activities may be subject to change or cancelation without notice due to governmental interference and weather conditions. Should the itinerary be amended due to unforeseen circumstances Via Hansa & Borealis Ltd. Is committed to find suitable alternative services.
Hotels confirmed for the respective dates are as per the program. There might be a variation on some of the tours due to a difficult booking situation or similar. Should the actual hotel vary from the program, the tour operator will always be notified in advance and prior to the arrival of the passenger. Alternative hotels will always be of the same standard and category of the initially confirmed hotel. The Hospitality in the Nordic countries is not officially classified by the international star system. The classification of the accommodations described in our programs are as for the official classification, when existing, or with the number of stars based on the professional evaluation of Hansa & Borealis Ltd. The classification/evaluation applied are based on the date of print of the program and could vary from the date of print to the date of the start of the actual tour.
Hansa & Borealis Ltd cannot be held responsible if the equipment or facilities provided by its suppliers does not ideally suits or fits to the needs of young children. Due to the nature of the tours and the destination, children from 6 years and up are welcomed.
It is important to note that in all our winter programs can be lightly physically demanding and the passenger may be exposed to different kinds of light physical strain. Uneven grounds during walking tours, snow and ice are common surface in the Nordic destinations. All activities involving arctic sailing, snowmobiling, reindeer sleighs, husky sleighs & ice breaker will include appropriate thermal equipment provided for each guest prior to the start of each activity. Warm winter clothing and suitable winter shoe ware are a must.
Any claim is to be submitted by e-mail within four weeks of the termination of the trip. All claims addressing contractual breach will be replied by Via Hansa & Borealis within eight days of reception. Subjective claims will not be considered, e.g., activities not carried out due to weather permitting etc. We strongly recommend all passengers and partners to notify immediately while on site, the Tour Director, our head office in Copenhagen or valid emergency contact for any irregularity during the trip. Refunds/compensation will only occur in the case of contractual irregularities / lack of service delivery.
Luggage allowance is one suitcase & one piece of hand luggage per person. Additional allowance is subject to a supplement of 20 Euros per travel day. Via Hansa & Borealis shall not be liable for any damage or irregularity with the passenger’s luggage regardless of the nature of the incident. Neither for the loss or damage of personal items. Any additional incurred costs produced by personal incidents such as illness, theft, lack of personal travel documents, personal delays, or any incident not related to the specific trip and included services. All passengers are strongly advised to carry a travel insurance covering luggage, medical health care and other possible personal incidents.
Via Hansa & Borealis complies with all required privacy laws within the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR with effect from 25.05.2018. No information is disclosed, shared, or sold to third parties including Google and Facebook for its commercial use. We do not share information with third parties unless it is relevant for specific reservation. All confidential information is automatically deleted after its required use. Irrelevant & confidential information is immediately & automatically deleted.
Via Hansa & Borealis complies with all governmental regulations in each destination securing the safety of its travellers & staff. All staff have been carefully trained in our COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL and will at any time address any supplier or guest not complying with the needed safety regulation