Capitals of Northern Lights – 6 Days
Begin your journey in Tromso and explore the city and surrounding area before moving east to Alta where you will have the opportunity to visit the award-winning museum and the impressive Northern Lights cathedral.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
GUARATEED DEPARTURES 2020/2021
|JANUARY||14, 21, 28|
|FEBUARY||04, 11, 18, 25|
|MARCH||04, 11, 18|
BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY IN TROMSO AND EXPLORE THE CITY AND SURROUNDING AREA BEFORE MOVING EAST TO ALTA WHERE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT THE AWARD-WINNING MUSEUM AND THE IMPRESSIVE NORTHERN LIGHTS CATHEDRAL.
- Winter activities
- Aurora Husky visit with traditional dinner
- Visit to the award-winning Alta Museum & the Northern Lights Cathedral in Alta
- 5 nights in First Class hotels in standard double/twin rooms with private facilities
- 5 breakfasts, buffet style
- 1 dinner, 2 lunches as mentioned in the program
- (all lunches & dinners are 3-course meals or buffets including coffee, unless otherwise specified)
- Bi-lingual Tour Escort (English & Spanish or Portuguese) from Day 2 to Day 5 inclusive
- 3-hours guided city tour of Tromso
- Arrival transfer in Tromso by public service Flybussen
- Regular departure transfer to Alta Airport
- The long-distance coach from day 2-5 offers WIFI
- All tours and transportation, as mentioned in the program
- Visits, excursions and entrances as mentioned in the program
- Outdoor clothing for winter activities/safaris as mentioned in the program. For further information please consult the general conditions
- Luggage allowance is 1 suitcase & 1 piece of hand luggage per person
Please note! Arrival transfer from Tromso is by a regular (public) airport bus service Flybussen. Regular departure transfer for Kirkenes airport. For passengers who require private transfers – for a supplement, private transfers can be reserved.
- Beverages or any extras
- Porter Service
- Any services not mentioned in the program
Clarion Hotel Sense
Radisson Blu Tromso or Scandic Ishavshotel
Radisson Blu Tromso or Scandic Ishavshotel
Scandic Anglais is located in the very heart of Stockholm. Just around the corner you will find many popular restaurants, bars and nightclubs, as well as the best shopping in Stockholm. Scandic Anglais offers you all the comforts of a modern hotel and proudly holds the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.
Clarion Hotel Sense
With the pulse from the pedestrian street in the back and overlooking Norra harbor, Clarion Hotel Sense is located in the heart of Lulea. Here you get to taste a whole new hotel experience. You live small and modern or spacious and practical. Relaxed atmosphere is accompanied by playful elegance. Stone and steel in a colorful shimmer. The city’s range of culture, entertainment, food and shopping can be found just around the corner.
Scandic Lulea is located in the northern parts of Lulea, only a few minutes’ drive from Lulea city center. The hotel features 160 rooms, indoor swimming pool, gym facilities, free WIFI, restaurant and bar. The bright and colorful restaurant serves breakfast, lunch & dinner, made from local produce. Restaurant and bar are cash-free.
Camp Ripan offers you more than just pleasing accommodations with comfy beds. The hotel rooms are cozy cabins with private entrances, something they can afford in Kiruna since there is plenty of room to spread out and build out instead of up. The spirit of Kiruna is important to them. They want their guests to feel they are in Sweden’s northernmost city and not a hotel just anywhere in the world. The cabins are furnished with care and respect for this beautiful region. Design, furnishings and choice of materials reflect a spirit of purity and serenity, just as the nature, culture and atmosphere of our mountain city.
Thon Hotel Lofoten
Thon Hotel Svolvaer is situated in the scenic harbor of the idyllic arctic village of Svolvaer, in the heart of Lofoten. The quay of the Hurtigruten cruise line is mere steps from the hotel, which is within walking distance of all the attractions of Svolvaer. The hotel is adjacent to Lofoten Kulturhus, a local arts & culture center.
Radisson Blu Hotel Tromso
Right by Tromso Harbor, this hotel offers air-conditioned rooms with a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee facilities. The 10th-floor fitness room and sauna are free and offer great city and mountain views. Most rooms of Radisson Blu Hotel Tromso offer views of the city, the Arctic Cathedral or Tromso Sound. All are decorated in warm, soothing tones. Wi-Fi is free throughout the hotel. The Radisson Blu Tromso Restaurant “Aurora” serves regional dishes made from fresh, locally produced ingredients. Yonas Pizzeria has been making quality pizzas for almost 40 years. The Rorbua Pub offers beer from the world’s northernmost brewery and live music Wednesday to Saturday. During winter, guests might be lucky enough to see the Northern Lights from the hotel’s glass bridge.
Scandic Ishavshotel Tromso
Stay right by the quayside with a picturesque waterside location in Tromso and enjoy the fantastic views from the hotel. See the northern lights in the winter and the midnight sun in the summer. There is fresh seafood on offer at the Roast restaurant. The hotel has 214 rooms and most rooms are located at the very end of the quay and provide panoramic views of the surroundings.
|BDMWLLAL99||17 OCT – 26 OCT|
|BDMWLLAL00||14 NOV – 23 NOV|
|BDMWLLAL01||05 DEC – 14 DEC|
|BDMWLLAL02||09 JAN – 18 JAN|
|BDMWLLAL03||16 JAN – 25 JAN|
|BDMWLLAL04||23 JAN – 01 FEB|
|BDMWLLAL05||30 JAN – 08 FEB|
|BDMWLLAL06||06 FEB – 15 FEB|
|BDMWLLAL07||13 FEB – 22 FEB|
|BDMWLLAL08||20 FEB – 29 FEB|
|BDMWLLAL09||27 FEB – 07 MAR|
|BDMWLLAL10||05 MAR – 14 MAR|
|BDMWLLAL11||12 MAR – 21 MAR|
All rates are retail sales rates and given per person in Euro. The rates include all service taxes and reservation charges as well as the VAT percentage known on day of issuing the program of each country included in the respective programs. We reserve the right to amend the rates in case of governmental interference beyond our control.
We kindly ask you to send your reservations by e-mail to Guaranteed.Departures@bdm-info.com stating the tour code.
The following information is needed to confirm the reservations:
- Booking code, type of room, full name, sex, date of birth, nationality, passport number and expiry date.
- Confirmation is subject to availability and therefore to confirmation. Our confirmation will be returned within 48 hours during weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- We should be glad to sign you up for a free sales agreement, information and requirement thereto to be forwarded separately.
The rates are based on full pre-payment prior to departure. Invoices will be forwarded in due time prior to the traveler’s arrival to destination.
- Reservations made more than 45 days prior to the beginning of the tour, may be cancelled within 10 working days (weekdays) from date of booking without cancellation charges.
- Reservations made between 45 days and 36 days prior to the beginning of the tour, may by cancelled within 5 working days (weekdays) without penalties.
- Reservations made between 35 and 21 days prior to the beginning of the tour, may be cancelled within 3 working days (weekdays) without cancellation charges.
- Penalty will be imposed for cancellation of reservations made less than 20 days prior to the beginning of the tour, no matter the time of cancellation as follows.
After confirmation the reservation cannot be cancelled or changed without penalty. All cancellations will be charged with a minimum cancelation fee of EUR 75.00 per person.
The following cancellation charges apply:
- Cancellations until 91 days prior to the arrival of the passenger are subject to a fee of EUR 75.00 per person for tours excluding overnight in Glass Igloos, and EUR 275,00 per person for tours including overnight in Glass Igloos.
- Cancellations between 90 – 45 days prior to the arrival of the passenger are subject to a charge, per person, of 50 % of the total cost of the reservation.
- Cancellations between 44 – 15 days prior to the arrival of the passenger are subject to a charge, per person, of 75% of the total cost of the reservation.
- Cancellations made within less than 14 days of arrival of the passenger are subject to a charge, per person, of 100% of the total cost of the reservation.
Name changes are considered as cancellation and rebooking and can only be done up to 21 days prior to arrival. Name changes will be charged with a fee of EUR 75.00 per name change.
It is the traveler’s own responsibility to hold and present valid documents (passport & visa) to the immigration authority of each country. Borealis Destination Management is pleased to provide a visa support letter as basis for the travelers’ application to the Embassy of his or her home country should a visa be required for the travelers in question. In order for us to supply such a support letter we must receive the following information: full name, sex, date of birth, nationality, passport number and expiry date.
Borealis Destination Management Aps shall not be liable for any delay or failure in its performance of any of the services when such delay or failure arises beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of terrorism, civil insurrection, revolution, blockade, labor disputes and strikes, material shortages, supplier failure, embargoes, rationing, acts of local, state or national governments or public agencies, utility or communication failures or delays, fire, acts of war, floods, epidemics, and riots.
We reserve the right to amend the itinerary and/or included entrances without notice due to weather conditions or interference of local authorities, which is out of the control of Borealis Destination Management Aps and its suppliers. The weather in Norway, especially on fjords area, can be unpredictable during the season and road closures are sometimes enforced by local authorities, therefore some of the activities on this tour are subject to change or cancelation without notice. Should the itinerary be amended due to unforeseen circumstances then we will endeavour to find suitable alternative activities.
Hotels confirmed for the respective dates are as per the program, there however might be a variation on some of the tours due to a difficult booking situation or similar. Should the actual hotel vary from the program, the tour operator will always be notified in advance and prior to the arrival of the passenger.
The Hospitality in Scandinavia is not officially classified by the international star system. The classification of the hotels described in our programs are as for the official classification, when existing, or with the number of stars based on the professional evaluation of Borealis Destination Management Aps.
The classification/evaluation used in our programs are based on the date of print of the program and could vary from the date of print to the date of the start of the actual tour.
Borealis Destination Management ApS cannot be held responsible if the equipment or facilities provided by its suppliers does not ideally suit or fit to the needs of young children. Due to the nature of the tours and the destination, we are unfortunately not able to accept children younger than 7 years old on these programs. Children between 07-12 years, when sharing room with adults, receive a reduction.
It is important to note that in all our winter programs can be physically demanding and the passenger may be exposed to different kinds of physical strain. Uneven grounds during walking tours, snow and ice are common surface in our destinations. All activities involving sailing, snowmobiling, reindeer sleighs, husky sleighs, igloo dinners & ice breaker will include appropriate thermal equipment.